Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Prayer for You by Jan


My Prayer for You
“I ask the Father in his great glory to give you the power to be strong inwardly through his Spirit. I pray that Christ will live in your hearts by faith and that your life will be strong in love and be built on love. And I pray that you and all God's holy people will have the power to understand the greatness of Christ's love—how wide and how long and how high and how deep that love is. Christ's love is greater than anyone can ever know, but I pray that you will be able to know that love. Then you can be filled with the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3:16-19
As I sat contemplating what to write today to encourage you all, these verses came to mind. I read them over and over, knowing that these words spell out so clearly what I want for each of you.
Then I thought about what I wanted to say about these verses and you know what? There is nothing I could add that would express my heart for you any clearer than these scriptures speak. So, I’m simply going to say that this is my prayer for each one of you who are reading this post. I’ve asked God to make His presence known as you read and think about this passage, so go back and read them again – slowly. Open your spirit and sense His deep love, His glory, His power. Let Him fill your heart with faith and make you strong in love. Open your mind and let him give you understanding.
He has already blessed me just reading and writing this. I pray you are blessed, too.
Jan

 Jan posts wonderful devotionals here every Thursday. You can find her at Fellowship of Christian Bloggers. If you have a Christian blog, consider adding it to their directory :)

No comments:

Post a Comment