Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Faith Triumphs in Trouble by Stacey


~Faith Triumphs in Trouble~

Romans 5:1-5

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have[a] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

 There have been times when one of my darling little girls were going through “troubled” times.
I would tell them God was using that time to build their character. Of course that is not what either one of them wanted to hear. They just wanted Momma to fix or resolve the issue… And quickly I might add.  
And still do at the ages of 23 and 17 J
Of course I too felt the sting of “building my character” on many occasions.
I have yet to meet anyone that loves tribulations in life. It is however through our tribulations, perseverance is produced within us.
(We learn to press in and move forward.)
 Now our characters are building…….
(We are stronger and our steps become easier to take)

And our HOPE that all will be well is coming forth~
(It is then our hope in what God has promised is growing stronger.)

James 1:3-4
knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

How do we have patience in trials?
I admit there are times when I have no patience……
It is when we allow the Holy Spirit to work in us and through us~
There are days when I can’t find the words to pray, much less rejoice in my trials. But to do so, (rejoice that is), is viewing my trials as a means of moral and spiritual growth, to rejoice not in the situation itself, but in their possible results.
What the enemy means for evil….God always turn to good~
There comes a peace when we praise God in the midst of our trials. A peace that surpasses all understanding~
And a “FAITH” (trust in God) that will endure through all life’s trials!!

Blessings~
Stacey

You can find Stacey at Shakin' the Foundation

1 comment:

  1. So true, Stacey. It's never fun. I'm (trying to) memorize James. Not as easy as when I was young. I love these verses though. I've never thought about being happy when I'm tested until I was memorizing it.

    ReplyDelete