Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

day 310: Ashamed

Luke 9:25
If anyone is ashamed of me and my message, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in his glory and in the glory of the Father and the holy angels.

************

The other day, I told one of my daughters to stop singing (loudly) when we were going through the store. What was she singing? It was a Christian song from a play I did years ago (we listen to the CD in the car every day).

I was ashamed.

Sometimes, when I go through the drive-thru, I turn the music down so the people can't hear.

I am ashamed.

Sitting here, I'm ashamed that I've done that.

It wasn't intentional. I didn't wake up thinking, "Hey, I want to deny Jesus today."

Peter didn't wake up with that thought either, come to think of it.

But it happens, and I dare say I'm not the only one.

I sure don't want Jesus ashamed of me. I can see how he could be though sometimes.

I need to work really hard on not caring about what others think. I'm getting better at it; but still have a long way to go.

What about you? Did this verse hit you today or is it something you excell at in your life?

God Bless You,

Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment