Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Thursday, April 19, 2012

day 304: Love Each Other

John 13:34
So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.

**************

I'm going to be honest with you: this morning when I was yelling at my husband I wasn't showing him love.

Imagine that.

What sin had he committed?

He hadn't helped with the girls; I was late and crabby.

I didn't show him love.

I'm sure you can all relate.

There are times when we don't show each other love. We get aggrivated, upset, our feelings get hurt, we're angry, or just generally in a foul disposition and if ANYONE looks at us then-- well-- they've had it!

But when we feel those negative things coming on, we need to stop, breathe, and pray.

Eating crow afterwards isn't all that fun.

The hardest thing to do is love everyone. It seems easy, but it's really not. Not everyone thinks like you, sees things like you, has had the same experiences as you. Not everyone is easy to love, but we are supposed to try.

We won't always succeed, but we need to pray about it and we need to stop ourselves before our anger gets us in situations we can't get out of.

God Bless You,

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. I think i have read this before. but today . I wish I lived alone.

    ReplyDelete