Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Importance of Rest by Wendy Van Eyck


On the seventh day God had finished his work of creation, so he rested from all his work. And God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy, because it was the day when he rested from all his work of creation. Genesis 2:2-3 (NLT)


I spent the day by a stream last Saturday.


I sat there doing nothing just listening to the birds sing worship in the trees and the wind whistle it’s praise through the branches.


I sat there and I thought, “I should do this more often”.


I should put down my phone, leave my laptop at home and my to-do list on my desk and just give my soul time and space to rest, to just be with God.


When was the last time you took time out to just let your soul rest with God?


Did you enjoy this? Wendy writes regular devotionals over at ilovedevotionals.com You can also connect with her on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment