Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Friday, November 9, 2012

Crossing the Deep

I wanted to post blog spotlights on Friday... but I don't have any lined up lol. So I thought I'd post this.

A month ago today, my debut novel (Crossing the Deep from Astraea Press) was released. It's in ebook form. Right now it's sitting at #56 on Amazon's Teen/Religion bestseller list! (I really REALLY want #1, but that might not happen lol)

Anyway, I wanted to tell you guys about it in case you were wondering what that book was on the sidebar.

Crossing the Deep is a Young Adult Christian novel. It has gotten AWESOME reviews! I wrote it because while I love vampires as much as the next person, I thought there needed to be a balance in the world. There aren't many YA/Christian books out there, so I believe God called me to write this one. There was NO WAY I could have done it on my own. <3

I would be honored if you bought a copy (it's on Amazon, Barnes and noble, and from the Astraea Press site... the buy links are on the right side bar). I want to show that YA/Christian books CAN sell and 2) I want to let you know in case you want to read a good, clean story (ie. clean doesn't mean boring ;) )

Crossing The Deep

Here is the backcover blurb: 

Sixteen year old Rachel Harker expects the church sponsored hiking trip in the Smoky Mountains to be short and painless. Four days later, injured and scared, Rachel prays to just make it home alive.

Asher Jenkins, fellow hiker and handsome skeptic who is only on the hike so he doesn’t have to go home and face his abusive ‘uncle’, finds Rachel in the woods and tries to get her back to Deep Creek Trail. A small hole hidden under the fall leaves causes her ankle to twist and forces Asher to leave her to get help. As night falls, he comes back, unable to find the right trail.

As hours stretch into days, an unexpected rainstorm bears down the mountain, flooding Deep Creek and cutting off their way home. Rachel puts all of her faith in God to save them. Asher thinks believing in God is a waste of time and does what he can to prove to Rachel that He doesn’t exist. 

With their food gone and the temperature dropping, time is running out. Will Rachel be able to do what needs to be done to get home? And can Asher find faith when he needs it the most?

BTW, you don't have to be a teen to enjoy it. I call it fiction for 12-120 :)

BUY Links:

AMAZON

BARNES AND NOBLE

Astraea Press Website

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, zIt's been a while since Ihave seen your blog. It looks sogood! I love the new layout,the new writers along with yourself! Congratulations on your new book. I will definitely put it on my list of books to get! It sounds fantatic! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete