“Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things.” Philippians 4:8
Have you ever heard of a ?
1. (Chemistry) a test to establish the acidity or alkalinity of a mixture
2. a critical indication of future success or failure
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
Our thoughts are a litmus test for our future success or failure!
The things we think about – the things we allow to roll around in our brain determines what kind of day we have and consequently, determine what kind of life we have.
It’s like a chain reaction. If our thoughts are negative, angry, bitter or sad, it spills over in our attitudes and our behavior, affecting our relationships and possibly our future.
- Cranky thoughts at work lead to poor performance on the job, which could get you fired.
- Negative thoughts keep us from attempting things we just might be very successful at.
- Unforgiveness leads to bitterness, which can actually affect your health.
On the other hand, keeping our minds fixed on things that are honorable, right, pure, lovely, of good repute, excellent, worthy of praise…those things set you up for a peaceful, joyful, love-filled, successful life.
So, let’s think about what we’re thinking about!
Jan posts wonderful devotionals here every Thursday. You can find her at Fellowship of Christian Bloggers. If you have a Christian blog, consider adding it to their directory :)