Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Friday, October 19, 2012

SPOTLIGHT on SHAKIN' THE FOUNDATION

Every Friday, I like to spotlight the blogs in the devotional directory. It's a great way to learn more about them and see how/why they started writing devotionals.

Today's spotlight is shining brightly on SHAKIN' THE FOUNDATION :)

Stacey was kind enough to answer a few questions, so here we go:


1.    Why do you write devotionals? I write to share my stories of God’s grace and mercy in my life. I think it’s important for others to see they are not alone and no matter how messy life can get, our daddy God loves us all unconditionally.

2.    What is your favorite thing about writing devotionals? Watching how God will take a situation and use it for His glory.

3.    What is your favorite book of the Bible to write over? I have several however if I must chose it would be Jeremiah

4.    Do you have a general idea what you are going to write over, or do you find a verse and just free write? I never know what I am going to write about. I have learned that the Holy Spirit will nudge me with whatever lesson He is dealing me with on.

5.    What made you decide to write? I didn’t decide, and actually resisted for a spell, however when God calls you to do something, He doesn’t let up J

6.    What is your favorite part of having a devotional blog? The people I have met through bloggy land and the stories shared between us all. It still amazes me just when I think I am the only one going through a process, God will show me another one of his children is as well.

7.    What is the hardest part of having a devotional blog? Time J

8. Do you ever find yourself writing about topics you need to be working on?  Oh gosh yes!! All the time. My posts tend to be areas in my life God is working on in me.


9.    If you can’t for the life of you decide on a devotional, what is your back up plan? A inspirational quote or music pick me up.

10. What is your favorite part of blogging? The lessons learned and spiritual growth.

11.   Do you have a verse you try to live by (a life verse)? If so, what is it? Jeremiah 29:11 . That is my life verse.

12.  What is one life lesson God has taught you either through blogging or in general? No matter how messy life gets, I am never alone and my brothers and sisters in Christ are never far away for support. The enemy will try to make us believe we are the only one struggling, but God has shown me different!

Thank you so much for doing this, Stacey :)







4 comments:

  1. You are most welcome! Thank you for spotlighting Shakin the Foundation :))

    Stacey~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your life is an inspiration, Stacey! Thank you for allowing God to use you to encourage us through your writing! May God bless you and continue to pour His love through you in every area of your life. Hugs~Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kelly, for spotlighting different bloggers every Friday! This is a wonderful idea. I have learned about several wonderful blogs through your interviews and am always encouraged by these posts! You are such a BLESSING!!! God bless you and continue to use you to bless and encourage His people. Hugs, Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Suzanne :) I appreciate that. <3

    ReplyDelete