Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Friday, October 14, 2011

day 117: Before You Were Born

Jeremiah 1:4-5
The Lord gave me this message:
"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb.
Before you were born I set you apart
and appointed you as my prophet to the nations."

***********************

I like the book of Jeremiah.  Bless Him.  He had a hard time. 

If you haven't read it, you should.  Jeremiah thought he was too young to tell anyone about God, but God told him he was going to do it anyway-- and that He would help him. 

In today's verse, God told Jeremiah that He knew him before He (God) formed him in his mother's womb.

Do you think of your kids (or yourself) like that?

God knew us all before we were even born.  He formed us, put us there for a reason.  A purpose. 

I don't get all political much, but sometimes I think about those poor babies who are aborted.  Can you imagine which one could have cured cancer, been the next big missionary, brought people to God, cracked intricate medical codes and maybe even helped millions of people?

God gave us all a purpose.  He put us in our Mama's belly for some reason.  He knew us all when He put us there.  If you are a mother,  you are entrusted with a person that God touched before you even could. If you aren't a parent, think of yourself-- God touched you, made you exactly who you are for a reason.  He touched you before your parents ever could.

That is a big responsibility if you think about it--- I actually never thought of it before now.

It is probably a good idea if someone is driving you batty to think, "God made them for a reason... I don't know what that reason is (surely its not to nag  me to death), but He knows... and that's what matters."

Trying to be delicate here, but when I think of when my kids were, um... made.  I think back to the circumstances.  We tried for my oldest-- our youngest was not trying, not preventing-- and our middle daughter was because I thought my husband was really cute right at that minute. (yeap).  But God sure knew what He was doing each time.  He touched these babies before they were even gleams in our eyes. 

And we are the same way.  You are the same way. 

You are special to God.

He loved you enough... thought enough of you to take the time to put you in your Mama's belly.  That is an awesome thought.

He also uses medical science to place babies and adoption to place babies.   Scientists think they have it figured out, but they are only using the wisdom and knowledge that God gave them

If you are ever feeling down or not important, think that if the creator of the entire world took time to make you, then you must be very special :)


God Bless You :)

Kelly


3 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly - great post reminding us of how precious we are to our Creator. Have a blessed weekend
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. God made them for a reason. What an awesome way to look at people. God, our Creator, loves those who irritate or hurt us. This is a beautiful post that will make a difference in the way I look at people.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tracy :) You too.

    Pamela, I'm so glad this post touched you. It did me too when I wrote it. God does amazing things through writing :)

    ReplyDelete