Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Cor. 15:58

design

Sunday, May 4, 2014

But.... I can't! {For the Jeremiah's in the World}

One of my favorite books is in the book of Jeremiah. I feel like him a lot.

At first he's all, "I can't do that God... I'm just me. I'm nobody special."

And God was all...

"I made you. All you have to do is open your mouth. The words will come."

My friends: Stop obsessing over Frozen!! Me: Don't you see? I can't. Just Let it go people, seriously

I'm paraphrasing of course. Jeremiah wrote it much better than I could, but the idea is the same.

Jeremiah never saw himself as much, but God chose him to tell everybody about Him.

And did Jeremiah have it easy because he did it? Nope. He was laughed at. Mocked.

Can you imagine the people in his little hamlet rolling their eyes when "Bible Thumping Jeremiah the Christian" came walking by? I bet that was really fun....

Or the glares... or the constant worry that he'd be arrested, beaten or killed?

But he did it. He wasn't happy about it all the time, but he did it.

God could have called a more 'qualified' person-- someone with a huge following who could get thousands to crowd around- to get people excited about being in the 'in' crowd and not care anything about the message being delivered.

He could have picked a politician who had influence over laws.

He could have picked someone better looking (not that I know what Jeremiah looked like.. he could have been very handsome for all I know), taller, skinnier, more muscular-- better...

But God chose Jeremiah for a reason-- He knew that Jeremiah would do what He told him to do.
 photo jeremiah1_zps221f36f8.jpg

That is a huge quality to God. Think about it... do you love any of your kids more than the others? There are some that get on your nerves at different times (I have 3 girls.. I know :) ) but you never would think of them as any better or any worse than another child.

I think we forget that a lot about God. He doesn't' care if you have a million dollars or $1-- He doesn't' care if you run a million person church or if a small group meets for church in your living room every Sunday. He loves each of us equally....

And here's the rub... As parents, we see qualities in our kids that they don't see in themselves. WE see ourselves as we 'THINK' we are... God sees us as what we 'TRULY' are, what we are 'CAPABLE' of, and what HE MADE us for.

Maybe we should start seeing ourselves as God sees us. He wouldn't be telling you to do that think you KNOW He's telling you to do... if He didn't think you could do it.

~Kelly




No comments:

Post a Comment